Head of Data Science
Gencove is developing scalable interpretation software for low-pass genome sequencing data, and is hiring a Head of Data Science to be a key part of this effort.
The role involves developing new analysis tools for genome sequencing data, compiling and curating the datasets necessary to train these tools, and working to deploy them into a production environment.
Successful candidates must be able to work effectively both in a collaborative setting and independently, and possess outstanding communications skills.
The candidate will have an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment of an early stage startup company.
- PhD in Human Genetics, Bioinformatics, Population Genetics or a related technical field involving analysis of large-scale data (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficiency working in a *nix environment.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python, C/C++, Go, Java, or R.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Demonstrated ability to write and release software for genomic data analysis, e.g. an imputation algorithm, an ancestry analysis algorithm, or an algorithm for calling copy number variation.
- Strong data analysis skills, as demonstrated through scientific publications, blog posts, or other documents.