Gencove is taking low-pass sequencing to population-scale and is hiring a Software Engineer to be a key member of this effort.
At Gencove, we develop software and algorithms for processing genomic data at scale. We build using Python/C++ and continuously deploy to the AWS ecosystem with the help of Git, Docker, and Terraform.
The role entails developing scalable analysis pipelines, backend web services, and tooling for low-pass sequencing data.
Successful candidates must be able to work effectively both in a collaborative setting and independently, and possess outstanding communications skills.
The candidate will have an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment of an early stage startup company.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design.
- Software development experience in Python.
- Proficiency working in a *nix environment.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Masters, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- 3-5 years of experience as part of a software development team
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C/C++, Go, Java, or R.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: backend web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, bioinformatics, machine learning, information retrieval, and/or developing large software systems.