Gencove is taking low-pass sequencing to population-scale and is hiring a Data Scientist to be a key member of this effort.
At Gencove, we develop software and algorithms for processing genomic data at scale. We use Python/R for research, and deploy to production with Python/C++ on the AWS ecosystem.
The role entails developing statistical models for low-pass sequencing data and owning the deployment of resulting products to production.
Successful candidates must be able to work effectively both in a collaborative setting and independently, and possess outstanding communications skills.
The candidate will have an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment of an early stage startup company.
- Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field (computer science, statistics, physics, computational biology, etc.), PhD preferred
- Demonstrated strong programming skills in Python, C++, or similar
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency working in a *nix environment
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- 3-5 years of experience in genomics
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!