Head of Sales, Low-pass sequencing services and platform
Join our fast growing startup and become our first sales hire to help us grow the business and also build our sales strategy and team. You will be responsible for identifying, creating, qualifying and capturing new business for Gencove’s low-pass sequencing business. Working in collaboration with the founding team and business development, you will create and implement Gencove’s sales strategy for the academic, research, pharma, biotech and clinical sectors. Close interaction with the founding team will help to deploy customer-centric plans for growing volume and profit.
Location: New York or REMOTE
- Develops and execute strategies and campaigns to target and win low-pass sequencing opportunities. Identifies, qualifies, shapes, and recommends pursuit of large opportunities.
- Working remote or in our NYC offices, spends a large proportion of their time in the field developing customer relationships.
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the market environment including: current and possible future market trends, practices and information affecting the business; industry trends; competition and competitive environment; and, marketplace strategies and tactics.
- Attendance at tradeshows /conferences.
- Provids strategic and competitive feedback to the founding and business development team.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with customers.
- Participates, as time permits, with other business development activities.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Significant recent sales experience in genomics.
- Must be willing to travel
- Experience with DNA microarray technology and genotyping applications preferred. Ideally experience of working in the Genotyping research field (not excluding).
- Basic experience with product commercialization
- Ability to discuss problems and solutions with customers and prospects
- Independent and strategically minded.
- Willing to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to give customer facing presentations.
- Ability to work as a member of a multifunctional team
We offer a competitive salary with equity and commission, together with benefits.