Software Engineer - Front End
Gencove is taking low-pass sequencing to population-scale and is hiring a Front End Software Engineer to be a key member of this effort.
At Gencove, we develop scalable software and algorithms for genomics. We build front end user interfaces using modern web frameworks and libraries, and continuously deploy them to the AWS ecosystem.
The role entails developing scalable user interfaces for web applications in Angular or React.
Successful candidates must be able to work effectively both in a collaborative setting and independently, and possess outstanding communications skills.
The candidate will have an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment of an early stage startup company.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Production experience with Angular or React.
- Proficiency working in a *nix environment.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- 3-5 years of experience as part of a software development team.
- Experience with: Git, Bootstrap, Sass (or Less), Jasmine (or Jest), and webpack.